California Home Insurance Calculator
What is a Home Insurance Calculator?
Find out how much dwelling coverage you should purchase to help protect your CA home against covered perils like fire, wind and hail with our homeowners insurance calculator. This quick and simple tool uses your home’s square footage to estimate how much dwelling coverage you should have on your homeowners policy. Dwelling coverage is the main property insurance portion of your policy that protects the structure of your home. Use this tool to estimate your own coverage before you speak with a home insurance agent and get your comparative quotes.
How does the homeowners insurance calculator work?
Type your CA zip code and your home’s square footage into the insurance calculator and you will instantly see three estimated dwelling coverage amounts for your home. This free tool gives you a good idea how much it would take to replace your home in California if it were destroyed due to a covered peril. Use this information for getting insurance quotes from our ‘A’ rated carriers.
What is the benefit of using a homeowners insurance calculator?
A standard CA home insurance policy typically includes six types of coverage in the event of a covered claim:
- Dwelling: This covers your home’s structure.
- Other Structures on Your Property: Other buildings on your property like a shed or detached carport are covered here.
- Personal Property/Contents: The rest of your personal property such as furniture, jewelry and computers is taken care of under this portion of the policy.
- Loss of Use: This typically covers your hotel and restaurant bills if you have to move out temporarily due to damage caused by a covered peril.
- Personal Liability Protection: If someone is injured on your property and sues you, this will help cover your legal fees.
- Medical Payments: If someone is injured but does not sue, you can use this coverage to help them with their medical bills.
Use our convenient California home insurance calculator to figure out how high your dwelling coverage should be.
Dwelling coverage pays to repair or replace your home in the event it is damaged by a covered peril. The amount of dwelling coverage you purchase will typically determine the limits on the other types of property coverage listed on your policy. When you begin shopping for home insurance it may be helpful to know some estimated amounts of dwelling coverage appropriate for your home.
Does it cost anything to use this homeowners insurance calculator?
No. The California home insurance calculator is free to use! It’s just one of the many ways we make the process of purchasing insurance for your CA home stress free.
Call us at 1-877-886-3127 to speak with an agent or enter your property information to start getting free home insurance quotes today!
How much Dwelling Coverage do I need?
Please provide your zip code and the square footage of your home to get dwelling coverage estimates.